The conversion of energy supply as part of the phasing out of nuclear power, innovations in renewable energy and networks as well as a highly volatile oil price – there are few sectors currently seeing as many changes as the energy sector. As a result, a reliable advisor familiar with both the legal framework and industry-specific requirements is vital.
We provide comprehensive advice to energy suppliers, project developers, public authorities and industrial enterprises on all legal issues relating to energy production, trading, transport and use. We offer legal advice from a single source with specialized lawyers from all our divisions, all of whom have many years of industry experience to their names.
HOW CAN WE BE OF ASSISTANCE?
One of the core skills of our energy experts lies in advising companies and public authorities on the approval, construction, operation, and acquisition of power plants, wind farms, photovoltaic and bioenergy facilities.
We also advise on the procurement or maintenance of network licenses, the establishment and dissolution of collaborations between the public sector and energy companies, as well as network acquisitions and network connections.
Of course, in the event of contentious disputes, we represent the interests of our clients before all German courts and in national and international arbitral tribunals.
Recent Reference Projects
- dvising an energy company on the establishment of a joint venture to build a wind farm.
- Advising a major energy company on the acquisition of various wind farms, photovoltaic plants and biogas plants.
- Advising an energy company on the structuring of its electricity and gas network companies, as well as on complex contractual arrangements in all areas of corporate and real estate law.
- Advising various towns and local authorities on the award of concessions and energy contracting services.
- Representing a project developer in court proceedings against two local communities relating to immission control permits for a wind farm.
- Advising project developers throughout the approval procedures for wind farms.
- Advising project developers and public utilities in their tenders for wind power plants.
- Advising contracting authorities on the implementation of a biodigestion system for organic waste for energy recovery.
Relevant areas of practices for Energy