The move to alternative energy sources poses complex questions for municipalities, public sector companies, private utilities, manufacturers and operators of power plants, project developers as well as companies as end users. To enable them to make the most of the opportunities available in wind, solar or biomass energy and to reduce risks, we pool our expertise in all the areas of corporate, energy, antitrust, public procurement, municipal, as well as public construction and environmental law. Often, there are also financial issues to deal with. We support and advise our clients on all aspects of energy law.
The key aspects are:
We support businesses and the public sector in all phases of power generation from renewable sources. We cover all areas of civil and public law in connection with planning, licensing, construction and the operation of facilities from:
- the conception of project companies under corporate law,
- questions concerning grid connections and power supply,
- leasing contracts for the construction of facilities on leased land and providing security by entry in the land register,
- assisting in authorization procedures (German Federal Building Code, Federal Immission Control Act, environmental impact assessment [EIA]),
- compliance of facilities and compensation issues under the German Renewable Energies Act (EEG),
- contractual agreements concerning the delivery, operation, and maintenance of facilities,
- drafting and negotiation of contracts for the sale of projects.
Network Development and Network Operations
The various forms of energy contracting offer wideranging possibilities for companies to realize potential for savings. We help companies and contracting service providers with any questions they may have about these possibilities and in particular with the structuring of the required contracts. We support the public sector in the conception and tendering of contracting services.
We review and draft electricity and gas supply contracts.
Key sectors for Energy Law